The Community Events Grant provides up to $5,000 annually to each Gwaii Trust Community for public events. The purpose of the grant is to help support open and accessible community events for the residents of Haida Gwaii.
Who can apply?
- Local governments
How much money is available?
- Applications will be accepted throughout the year until December 1 at 4 pm.
Eligible uses of the grant
- This grant may be applied for and used at the discretion of the individual community governance applicants.
- Projects must be of general benefit to community members.
- Partnerships and communication within the communities are encouraged, particularly for communities that host more than one annual event.
Ineligible uses of the grant
- Core Funding.
- Expenses incurred prior to approval.
- Other items as outlined in the General Grant Guidelines.
How to apply
Full details of the Community Events Grant can be found in the Application Guide.
Contact the Community Events Grant manager, Pam Hill at email@example.com for an application.
Funding decisions usually take up to three weeks. Decisions are made by staff according to Board policy.