The Haida Gwaii COVID-19 Response Grant supports programs and projects related to relieving mental health challenges and social isolation for vulnerable populations on Haida Gwaii, in particular Youth. As with everything we have learned with Covid19, things change quickly and Gwaii Trust will be flexible in addressing the needs Covid19 may create in the future. Applications for emergency requests will be considered, subject to funding availability.
Who can apply?
- Local non-profit organizations
- Local governments
How much money is available?
- Maximum application is $10,000. Projects that serve multiple communities may be eligible for grants up to $25,000.
- Equity requirement: No equity is required
- Applications must be received by 4pm on the 1st of each intake month.
- There are no intakes on January 1st.
- The grant is open until the budget is exhausted or until the Board of Directors cancels the program.
Eligible uses of the grant
- Must be for the benefit of the residents of the communities on Haida Gwaii.
- Expenses incurred in the delivery of projects and programs which aim to relieve mental health challenges and social isolation for vulnerable populations on Haida Gwaii, in particular youth.
- Must use the grant awarded to provide for expenses incurred or planned on Haida Gwaii.
- Partnerships and initiatives that involve more than one community are encouraged.
Ineligible uses of the grant
- Expenses that are covered by other resources or funders
- Event sponsorships, or capital projects
- Businesses and individuals are not eligible at this time
- Expenses incurred prior to approval
- Initiatives without specific benefit to Haida Gwaii residents
How to apply
Full details of the COVID-19 Response Grant can be found in the application guide.
Applications must be submitted online through our grant management system. You will need to create an account to access application forms, save drafts and submit your application. If you don’t have access to a computer or need assistance with your application, please call or visit our offices.
The Haida Gwaii COVID-19 Emergency Response committee will review applications and make funding decisions. Funding decisions typically take up to one month.