The Haida Gwaii COVID-19 Emergency Response Grant allows us to quickly direct funds to support local governments, non-profit organizations, health authorities and emergency service providers serving those affected on Haida Gwaii by the COVID-19 pandemic. Key priorities are programs or projects that focus on keeping Haida Gwaii residents safe, healthy, fed, sheltered and connected, especially residents that are vulnerable or have financial need.
Who can apply?
- Local non-profit organizations
- Local governments
How much money is available?
- Grants are expected to range from $1000 to $25,000 but there is no maximum
- Budget: $500,000
- Equity requirement: No equity is required
- Open intake
- Projects may be in progress
- Organizations may be invited to apply by Gwaii Trust
Eligible uses of the grant
- Must be for the benefit of the residents of community of Haida Gwaii
- Must provide direct response and support to those affected by COVID-19, particularly those who are most vulnerable
- Must use the grant awarded to provide for expenses incurred or planned on Haida Gwaii;
- Must align with the purpose of the fund.
- Partnerships and initiatives that involve more than one community are encouraged
- Expenses incurred before approval will only be considered if they were incurred as a direct result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Ineligible uses of the grant
- Expenses that are covered by other resources or funders
- Event sponsorships, or capital projects
- Businesses and individuals are not eligible at this time, however grants to nonprofit organizations that provide direct financial assistance to individuals or businesses can be awarded
- Initiatives without specific benefit to Haida Gwaii residents
How to apply
Applications can be submitted online through our grant management system here.
You will need to create an account to access application forms, save drafts and submit your application. Alternatively, you can fill out a word application and email it to email@example.com. Organizations may also be invited to apply.
The Haida Gwaii COVID-19 Emergency Response committee will review applications and make funding decisions. Funding decisions typically take one week.