The purpose of the Haida Language grant is to support initiatives to revitalize and sustain the Haida language. Financial support is directed at the three Haida language organizations here, enabling them to pursue projects that will improve fluency, transfer knowledge from one generation to the next, and nurture mentorships.
Who can apply?
- By invitation from the Board of Directors to the Haida Gwaii Mentor Apprentice Program, Skidegate Haida Language Immersion Program, and Xaad Kil.
How much money is available?
Annualbudget is set by the Board of Directors
- Equity requirement 50%
- Applications must be received by 4 pm on the 1st of each month.
- Last intake of the year is June 1 at 4 pm.
- Applications must be received a minimum of two months before the project is planned to start.
Eligible uses of the grant
- Core funding is eligible.
- Any materials and services needed to support the perpetuation and revitalization of the Haida language.
Ineligible uses of the grant
- Expenses incurred prior to approval.
- Other items as outlined in the General Grant Guidelines.
How to apply
Full details of the Haida Language Grant can be found in the Application Guide.
Applications can be requested from the Haida Language Project Officer. All applications, project claims, and their supporting materials can be submitted via email to the Project Officer, Dana Bellis, at email@example.com.
The Gwaii Trust Board of Directors will review complete applications to make funding decisions by consensus. Funding decisions usually take two months after any scheduled intake deadline.