The purpose of this grant is to provide stable and predictable funding to Kids Camps on Haida Gwaii. Our goal is to help the camps continue operating, for the benefit of local youth. Through this program, we are helping to provide youth with access to outdoor recreation opportunities and cultural lessons.
Who can apply?
- By invitation from the Board of Directors to Mount Moresby Adventure Camp, Swan Bay Rediscovery, and Rediscovery Haida Gwaii.
How much money is available?
- $30,000 per applicant
- Equity requirement 50%
- Applications must be received by 4 pm on the 1st of each month.
- Last intake of the year is June 1 at 4 pm.
- Applications must be received a minimum of two months before the project is planned to start.
Eligible uses of the grant
- Core funding is eligible.
- Any materials and services needed to operate a camp, such as transportation, food, equipment, and wages.
Ineligible uses of the grant
- Expenses incurred prior to approval.
- Other items as outlined in the General Grant Guidelines.
How to apply
Full details of the Kids Camps Grant can be found in the Application Guide.
Applications can be requested from the Kids Camp Grant Manager. All applications, project claims, and supporting materials can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Gwaii Trust Board of Directors will review complete applications to make funding decisions by consensus. Funding decisions usually take two months after any scheduled intake deadline.