The purpose of this grant is to provide stable and predictable funding to Kids Camps on Haida Gwaii. Our goal is to help the camps continue operating, for the benefit of local youth. Through this program, we are helping to provide youth with access to outdoor recreation opportunities and cultural lessons.
Who can apply?
- By invitation from the Board of Directors to Mount Moresby Adventure Camp, Swan Bay Rediscovery, and Rediscovery Haida Gwaii.
How much money is available?
- $30,000 per applicant
- Equity requirement 25%
- Applications must be received by 4pm on the 1st of each intake month.
- There are no intakes on January 1st.
- Last intake of the year is April 1st at 11:59pm.
- Applications must be received a minimum of two months before the project is planned to start.
Eligible uses of the grant
- Core funding is eligible.
- Any materials and services needed to operate a camp, such as transportation, food, equipment, and wages.
Ineligible uses of the grant
- Expenses incurred prior to approval.
- Other items as outlined in the General Grant Guidelines.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted through our grant management system. Eligible organizations will receive an invitation to apply and a link to the online application. You will need to create an account to access application forms, save drafts and submit your application.
The Gwaii Trust Board of Directors will review complete applications to make funding decisions by consensus. Funding decisions usually take two months after any scheduled intake deadline.