The Vibrant Haida Gwaii Communities grant was established to fund community infrastructure projects. This includes items such as the basic physical systems of a community, clean water, sewers, transportation, communication, waste management, recreation facilities, and community safety initiatives. These systems are vital to a community’s economic development and prosperity
Who can apply?
- Local non-profit organizations
- Local governments
How much money is available?
- A total of $1 million for each of the Gwaii Trust Communities, with $250,000 allocated each year between 2016 and 2019.
- The maximum application amount is the remaining balance of each community’s allocation. Each community’s Vibrant funds will be available until their allocation has been fully approved by the Board. If an individual community’s allocation has not been fully approved by the end of 2020, the remaining allocation will be
decommittedand will no longer available.
- Equity requirement 0%
- Applications must be received by 4 pm on the 1st of each month.
- Last intake of the year is November 1 at 4 pm.
- Applications must be received a minimum of two months before the project is planned to start.
Eligible uses of the grant
- Almost any expense that supports community infrastructure is eligible.
- Communities can save their allocation for future years, until the end of 2020.
- Core funding is eligible.
Ineligible uses of the grant
- Expenses incurred prior to approval.
- Other items as outlined in the General Grant Guidelines.
How to apply
Full details of the Vibrant Haida Gwaii Communities Grant can be found in the Application Guide.
Applications must be submitted online through our grant management system. You will need to create an account to access application forms, save drafts, and submit your application. If you don’t have access to a computer or need assistance with your application, please call or visit our offices
The Gwaii Trust Board of Directors will review complete applications to make funding decisions by consensus. Funding decisions usually take two months after any scheduled intake deadline.