Position type: Part-time, contract
Location: Remote/telecommute. Preference will be given to residents of Haida Gwaii.
We are looking for a talented and creative writer with exceptional attention to detail who can create quality content to educate and inform both internal and external audiences.
The content writer will create articles for local magazines as well as content for our Annual Report. Other opportunities may arise throughout the year including preparing press releases, correspondence and briefing notes, as well as proofreading and editing content.
- Minimum six articles per year based on topics provided
- Content writer for Annual Report
- Read and research prior publications, as needed, to facilitate content production
- Other opportunities as they arise
- Proofread and edit content
- Press releases
- Briefing notes
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Experience as a content writer, creative writer, blogger, grant writer, or similar
- Ability to exercise a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to write consistently in a tone that reflects the Trust
- Superior grammar skills and high attention to detail
- Can turn around content quickly and are comfortable rewriting as needed
- Responsible and reliable
- Ability to stick to a deadline
Each project is priced individually depending on length and level of difficulty with an average hourly rate of $25-$30.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume along with two samples of your work via email to Joey Rudichuk, Communications Officer by 4pm Friday, February 26th, 2021.
Phone: 250 626 5139
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates whose skills and experience best match the requirements of the position will be contacted.