The Gwaii Trust Society is a non-profit society that owns and manages a multi-million-dollar perpetual fund for the benefit of all the people of Haida Gwaii. The fund generates investment income and the Society distributes part of that income every year through a variety of grant programs.
Position type: Full-time Summer position – 35 Hours per week
Term: 8 weeks Funded by Canada Summer Jobs. Some flexibility with start date.
Location: Mainly remote (work from home). Some office work and travel between communities on Haida Gwaii may be required depending on COVID restrictions.
Wage: $17.00 per hour
Deadline to apply: May 27, 2021
The Gwaii Trust Society is looking for a summer employee to assist our grant and administrative staff in a number of projects. Main duties for the summer employee will be to update Gwaii Trust’s electronic databases, digitize and archive documents to our grants management system and to assist the project officer in organizing the logistics of virtual or in-person site visits. Other duties include providing administrative and clerical support to other employees as well as organizing Gwaii Trust’s paper filing systems at both the Skidegate and Old Massett offices.
Potential for inclusion in other projects is possible depending on candidate’s aptitude and skills.
Education, Certification and Experience
- Must be between 17 and 30 years of age
- Class 7 (N) or 5 driver’s license required
- Only local candidates will be considered
- Grade 12 required, post-secondary preferred
- Previous office experience preferred but not required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Reliable, organized, committed to maintaining confidentiality and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with MS Office
- Committed to Gwaii Trust’s vision to advocate and support an Islands community characterized by respect for cultural diversity, the environment, and a sustainable and increasingly self-sufficient economy
Please submit a resume and a one-page cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 27, 2021.