The Winter Holidays Grant provides up to $12,000 annually to each identified Gwaii Trust Community for public events. The purpose of the grant is to help support open and accessible winter events and programs for the residents of Haida Gwaii.
Who can apply?
- Local governments
- Non-profit organizations
Organizations or individuals with overdue grant reporting where an extension has not been approved are not eligible to apply until reporting is complete.
How much money is available?
- Up to $12,000 per Gwaii Trust Community (Area E, Graham Island Central, Graham Island North, Old Massett Village Council, Skidegate Band Council, and Graham Island South)
- Applications will be accepted throughout the year until December 1st at 11:59pm.
Eligible uses of the grant
- This grant may be applied for and used at the discretion of the individual community governance applicants.
- Projects must be of general benefit to community members.
- Partnerships and communication within the communities are encouraged, particularly for communities that host more than one annual event.
- Nonprofit organizations may apply with a complete application.
- Applications must be submitted in one application per year.
Ineligible uses of the grant
- Core Funding.
- Expenses incurred prior to approval.
- Other items as outlined in the General Grant Guidelines.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online through our grant management system. You will need to create an account to access application forms, save drafts and submit your application. If you don’t have access to a computer or need assistance with your application, please call or visit our offices.
Funding decisions usually take up to three weeks; applications should be received at least three weeks before the project is planned to start. Decisions are made by staff according to Board policy.