The Arts Workshop Grant aims to support artistic development through learning opportunities for artists and residents of Haida Gwaii. The Arts Workshop Grants can fund travel for individual artists or groups of artists to attend workshops off-island, to bring facilitators to Haida Gwaii to deliver workshops here, or for a local artist to host an on-island workshop.
Who can apply?
How much money is available?
- Up to $3,000 per application
- Equity requirement
- Individuals 25%
- Nonprofit organizations 25%
- Local governments 50%
- Maximum two applications per individual or organization per year
- Applications must be received by 11:59 on October 1st.
- Applications must be received a minimum of two months before the project is planned to start. The two-month minimum starts when the next intake closes.
- Funding is available until the annual budget is exhausted.
Eligible uses of the grant
- Travel costs, registration fees and/or facilitator costs.
- Funding requests can include items such as arts materials, equipment and/or space rental, meals, advertising, and other items specifically related to the project.
- This grant can fund travel costs to attend a workshop or to bring a facilitator to Haida Gwaii.
Ineligible uses of the grant
- Core funding.
- Renting an applicant’s own space or equipment
- Using an applicant’s own space or equipment as equity.
- Material gain by an individual or organization.
- Equipment purchases.
- Expenses to construct or renovate working spaces.
- Costs related to starting or maintaining a business, capital costs, or core operating funds.
- Expenses incurred prior to approval.
- Other items as outlined in the General Grant Guidelines.
How to apply
Full details of the Arts Workshop Grant can be found in the Application Guide.
Applications must be submitted online through our grant management system. You will need to create an account to access application forms, save drafts and submit your application. If you don’t have access to a computer or need assistance with your application, please call or visit our offices.
The Gwaii Trust Board of Directors will review complete applications to make a funding decisions by consensus. Funding decisions usually take two months after any scheduled intake deadline.