The Arts Workshop Grant aims to support artistic development through learning opportunities for artists and residents of Haida Gwaii. The Arts Workshop Grants can fund travel for individual artists or groups of artists to attend workshops off-island, or to bring facilitators to Haida Gwaii to deliver workshops here.
Who can apply?
- Individual residents
- Local non-profit organizations
- Local governments
How much money is available?
- Up to $3,000 per application
- Equity requirement
- Organizations 50%
- Individuals 10%
- Maximum two applications per individual or organization per year
- Applications will be accepted throughout the year until December 1 at 4 pm.
- Applications must be received a minimum of one month before the project is planned to start.
- Funding is available until the annual budget is exhausted.
Eligible uses of the grant
- Travel costs, registration fees and/or facilitator costs.
- Funding requests can include items such as arts materials, equipment and/or space rental, meals, advertising, and other items specifically related to the project.
- This grant can fund travel costs to attend a workshop or to bring a facilitator to Haida Gwaii.
Ineligible uses of the grant
- Core funding.
- Expenses incurred prior to approval.
- Other items as outlined in the General Grant Guidelines.
How to apply
Full details of the Arts Workshop Grant can be found in the Application Guide.
Applications must be submitted online through our grant management system. You will need to create an account to access application forms, save drafts and submit your application. If you don’t have access to a computer or need assistance with your application, please call or visit our offices.
The Arts Committee will review complete applications to make a funding decision. Funding decisions usually take three weeks after the Arts Committee receives the application.