The Food Security Grant provides stable, annual funding to organizations that support access to food for the residents of Haida Gwaii.
Who can apply?
- By invitation from the Board of Directors
How much money is available?
- The annual budget is set by the Board of Directors
- Equity requirement 0%
- Applications must be received by 11:59pm on the 1st of each intake month.
- There are no intakes on January 1st.
- Applications will be accepted until April 1st at 11:59pm.
- Applications must be received a minimum of two months before the project is planned to start.
Eligible uses of the grant
- Initiatives that help ensure access to healthy food.
- Gardens, greenhouses, and other projects that help Haida Gwaii become more food-sufficient.
- Expenses identified by the Gwaii Trust Board of Directors during the pre-approval process.
Ineligible uses of the grant
- Expenses incurred prior to approval.
- Other items as outlined in the General Grant Guidelines.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted through our grant management system. Eligible organizations will receive an invitation to apply and a link to the online application. You will need to create an account to access application forms, save drafts and submit your application.
The Gwaii Trust Board of Directors will review complete applications to make funding decisions by consensus. Funding decisions usually take two months after any scheduled intake deadline.