The Food Security Grant provides stable, annual funding to organizations that support access to food for the residents of Haida Gwaii.
Who can apply?
- By invitation from the Board of Directors
How much money is available?
- The annual budget is set by the Board of Directors
- Equity requirement 0%
- Applications will be accepted until June 1 at 4 pm.
Eligible uses of the grant
- Initiatives that help ensure access to healthy food.
- Gardens, greenhouses, and other projects that help Haida Gwaii become more food-sufficient.
Ineligible uses of the grant
- Expenses incurred prior to approval.
- Other items as outlined in the General Grant Guidelines.
How to apply
Full details of the Food Security Grant can be found in the Application Guide.
Organizations will be invited to apply through an identified grant manager. All applications, project claims, and supporting materials can be submitted via email to the Project Officer, Dana Bellis, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Funding amounts per organization are pre-approved by the Board of Directors subject to receipt of a completed application. Staff will review applications for completeness and clarity, and to ensure they follow the intent of the funding. Funding decisions usually take up to three weeks.