The Youth Centred Communities Grant provides a predictable source of revenue to operate youth centres and/or offer youth activities in each community on Haida Gwaii.
Who can apply?
- Local non-profit organizations
- Local governments
How much money is available?
- Applications must be received by 11:59pm on April 1st.
- Applications must be received a minimum of two months before the project is planned to start.
Eligible uses of the grant
- Operations of community-based youth centres or activities for youth based within the community.
- Activities must take place on Haida Gwaii.
- In Gwaii Trust Communities where there is
youthcentre, the grant is reserved for them pending an application. In communities that do not have a youth centrethe grant can be used for other youth-based activities.
- Core funding is eligible.
- The Youth Board encourages separate activity offerings for elementary and secondary school students.
- Projects funded by the Youth
CentreedCommunities grant are eligible to apply to the last Youth Grant intake of the year.
- Any leftover funds from the Youth Centred Communities Grant will be automatically transferred to the Youth Grant. The Youth Grant is an open and competitive grant stream.
- The grant is intended to support projects where the majority of participants are
Ineligible uses of the grant
- Expenses incurred prior to approval.
- Off-island travel or activities that take place off Haida Gwaii.
- Other items as outlined in the General Grant Guidelines.
How to apply
Applications are available approximately six weeks before any deadline. Applications must be submitted online through our grant management system. You will need to create an account to access application forms, save drafts and submit your application. If you don’t have access to a computer or need assistance with your application, please call or visit our offices.
The Youth Board will review complete applications and make funding recommendations. The funding recommendations are reviewed by the Gwaii Trust Board of Directors, which makes the final funding decision on Youth Grant applications. Approvals usually take two months after any scheduled intake deadline.